Monday, December 23, 2002

2002-12-06 - 8:12 a.m.

I remember my cat, Poots. He was a huge tabby tom-cat, the fiercest hunter in the west. He often caught and ate gophers, and one memorable day he dragged home a rabbit, ate the whole thing (except for the stomach and tail), then lay on his back for two or three days without moving!


Yet he was also the most docile play-mate. My younger sister and I would dress him up in our doll clothes and pose him, and he would just purr lazily. If he was in a good mood you could do ANYTHING to him, even pick him up by the tail, and he would just purr.


I want to be like that. I want to be so secure in who I am that nothing phases me. Poots wasn't afraid to show his "feminine side". He wasn't afraid to kill things, either. He was comfortable with his contradictions, at peace with his paradoxes. That's how I want to be.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.