Thursday, March 29, 2007

I remember finding stuff in my locker....

One of the perks of Junior High at our school was getting a locker in the hallway instead of just stashing your stuff in your desk like in the kiddie grades. I liked having a locker. It was my little space.

I opened the door of my locker one day and found that all my stuff...my books, my jacket, everything...was covered in cigarette butts and ashes. Someone had taken the time to cram the entire contents of their ashtray through the little air holes at the top of my locker. I sighed and began picking the dirt and soot out of all my belongings. I could hear other kids laughing as they walked by.

Apparently I was not allowed to have even the tiniest of spaces to myself.

4 comments:

Spoke said...

I hope "they" thank God I'm a believer...because I really want to kick their asses...often, and so long as my strength comes from Him, I won't!

Spoke said...

I'm a tiny, petty man!!

Stahled said...

There are 2 words that strike fear into my heart like nothing else. JUNIOR HIGH

Anonymous said...

Yes, Jr High still strikes anguish and fear into my heart. *shudder*, I thank God we'll never have to go through adolescence again.