Wednesday, October 05, 2005

I remember getting a Hot Wheels Fat Track for Christmas one year when I was really little.

We had been opening and opening the presents, and there wasn't one for me from Santa. This was very disheartening, and I almost didn't want to mention it...wouldn't that be admitting that Santa thought I was bad, that I didn't deserve a present?...but I had to ask if maybe it was somewhere else and I'd missed it. My dad said he thought he saw something in their bedroom that morning, maybe I should look. I ran to the door (right off the living room, of COURSE Santa would leave something there for me, why didn't I think of that?) and burst into the room. There, with a bow on the Juice Pump (battery pack), was an oval Hot Wheels Fat Track plus two cars. Yahoo!

Santa never let me down by bringing Barbies or dresses...he always came through with a toy revolver or something...and this year was the best ever. My own race track!! Cooler than the boys at school had!!! None of the other presents mattered anymore at ALL, and I played with that track non-stop. You could juice up the cars at the battery station, then they'd race anywhere, even on the kitchen linoleum! You didn't need an electric line on the track to keep them going...very cool. I miss that track. I'd play with it now if I had it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cool, I want one! Your parents ruled....I used to get Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles stuff....but I also got the girl Barbies (ssshh...don't tell anyone). You probably make sure that Lance and you don't ever let Meadow down either, eh?

Jessica said...

Cool memory...I liked the link to the Hot Wheels fan club! Brilliant!

Anyway, i would love to come over some time and see the VanGogh. Love him! And I can't believe you got it out of Torrington. That gofer stuffing village!

Also, true about the foam. That magic is delicious!

Anonymous said...

Santa never came to our house...well, did he? He came sometimes and we sat on his lap, but he never left presents...hmmm. My parents did though. I wanted a Barbie Motorhome (don't laugh). I wanted it so bad, soooo bad. Christmas came...the box was the right size...I almost see it...I was so excited!!! I ripped open the package...IT WAS FISHER PRICE, Fisher Price???!!! Truck and camper??!! What??? "Much more practical". True that...they still have it in their home. I put on my best grateful, not horribly disappointed face, and made the best of it. The next year we got the Fisher Price jet airplane! Whoo! Hoo! Can't really get over that...hmmm.

Anonymous said...

I remember getting Transformers for christmas. They were the best ever, and all the rage. Then I remember my parents going to some conference at Prairie where they told them that all the new battle toys like GI Joe's and Transformers were evil and unfit for good little Christian kids. We had to get rid of the transformers (I never did get GI Joe's), and were not allowed to get any more. I was bitter. I don't blame my parents. They were just trying to do the best they could to raise us right. One day my own kids will probably be bitter that they weren't allowed to play violent bloody video games...

Spoke said...

My brother "sugar burty 11" had the fat track...I had hot wheels. My old man smoked all the time so I thought the "cillarette" (probably mis-spelled) was a cool car. It was green with a glass bubble over the driver's area.It sounded like "cigarette" always the rebel. Anyhoo, mum used to spank us...no, strap us, with those orange Hot Wheels (R) trax...boy did it wise us up. She said her hand would hurt if she used it alone...I love my mum.I really do.